This blog is Defunct. Visit the New Blog

"The old age believed in magic, this age believes in science, but we are on the precipice of a third age, a fusion of everything that's come before." - Jerrod Woolf

The Third Age is a serialized dramatic/science fiction webseries, created and executed by Patrick Meaney and Jordan Rennert. It will consist of two 13 episode volumes. Episodes run from 7-9 minutes, and will be released every two weeks. An exact release date is TBD, pending distribution.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Trailer is Live

Quicktime



Here it is, the first real trailer for The Third Age. This will give you at least some idea of the plot, or at least the feel of the work. As it says in the trailer, episodes will start going live in May. Shooting is happening regularly, and most of 'Volume I' has been written, so we should run smoothly to the end of the first Volume. Please post any comments you've got on the trailer, it's obviously still early, but I always love to hear feedback.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, that trailer looks really great, Patrick! The concept has always been intriguing - but this trailer really makes me want to watch it. Even from these short clips, the acting looks really strong and visually it is very appealing. Can't wait! I hope you can manage to stick to that episode every two weeks schedule - that will be tough.

Richard said...

Yeah...the actors' performances definitely take this to a higher level.

My only qualm is that there might not be enough suggestion of the plot to hook a viewer who isn't already interested. But it's hard for me to tell this as I *am* already interested...

Patrick said...

I'm really thrilled with the actors we've got. I know everyone always gives that line "Oh, everyone on the shoot was so great," but these dudes really are. And, it's interesting to develop the story knowing who's going to be playing each role, it's a lot easier to write because the characters feel more real, you can imagine them in action easier.

And, the two weeks is going to be tricky. Each episode's going to be around 7 minutes, but even at that, we could run into trouble. We've got about 80% of the material for the first six shot, and I'm hoping we can stay ahead of the curve through the end of the first 'season.' But, it's not easy scheduling people when you're not paying them, and I can only shoot on the weekends to begin with. And, strangely enough, we could run into trouble with the SAG strike as well, should that happen.

As for plot in the trailer, I tried to give a hint of things, it's definitely tricky to find a balance between doing one of those the movie condensed to two minutes trailers and something that gives you a taste. I tend to prefer just seeing some images and a mood, rather than plot, so I tilted the trailer in that direction. Perhaps down the line I'll cut a more plot oriented trailer, maybe even bring in a little narrator VO or titles.